Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Clicker Flicker

Part of our ritual in the learning community is lighting candles to symbolize the pillars of the program: respect, responsibility, justice, inclusion, etc. As is becoming the case in most places, a butane BBQ lighter was the instrument of ignition for this ritual. And as is the case, there was some difficulty in operating it.

Someone quipped that the next issue of Gathering, a liturgical resource periodical for the United Church, would feature this topic of working the lighter. With irreverance, I offer my submission:

Voice one: I can't get this to work ... do I ... how does ...
Voice two: Here, let me do it.
All: C'mon baby, light my fire.

Voice one: It's stuck.
Voice two: You have to push the button while you pull the trigger.
All: C'mon baby, light my fire.

Voice one: I'm doing that and it's not working.
Voice two: Here, let me try.
All: C'mon baby, light my fire.

Voice one: Maybe we should get some matches.
Voice two: Hold on ... here we go ... got it!
All: Amen.

No comments: