Sunday, January 27, 2008

Benediction

With the permission of my current churches, I attended Arkona United's final worship service before they close for good at the end of the month. It was nice to see everyone again, but not for the reason of the occasion.

While it's frustrating to see a full church for the farewell (and the natural question, "what if this many had shown up on any given Sunday?") I was gratified to see that there was only one pew of people that I didn't know or recognize. Elsewise, I would be "what-if'ing" my 7 years there.

Reiko noted that she could now wash her hands in the bathroom without standing on the stepstool and remarked with delight, "And Daddy didn't have to go to the front of the church for anything!!"

Walking past the manse, Rei and Kai were overcome by nostalgia and didn't want to go to our new home, crying for their old home. It's kind of fitting though, the need to move on and journey forth from one home to find another.

Be well, friends of Arkona United. Shalom 'til we meet again.

No comments: