Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Crunch

Absences from blog posting have generally been due to busy-ness at church and home. What with the earliest Easter that I'll see in my lifetime following so closely to March Break hadn't afforded much time for personal complaining or bragging about the kids.

My first Holy Week in a new pastoral charge and figuring out what traditions and expectations left me without time to fill out my bracket for the NCAA Final Four. Belatedly, I'd have gone with Kansas winning over UCLA, Louisville and Texas filling out the rest (yeah, I'm too sentimental to be any good at picking).

Further complicating matters was the fact that our satellite receiver went on the fritz, so I missed the entire first round and Duke's ouster in the second, losing PVR capabilities and the 40-odd hours of programming that we'd recorded (including the recent episode of Dexter, and countless episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba).

I guess this was God's way of telling me to get to work.

In the end, after five calls to Tech Support averaging 28 minutes per call, they managed to decide send a new receiver. I had to fight for the $25 credit they gave me for my trouble.

Oh yes, Easter came and went. Jesus rose again. Hallelujah.

No comments: