Sunday, February 04, 2007

In from the Cold

This morning, as I was heading from the car to the church for worship, Shelley called me over to the house to let me know the thermostat wasn't working. It was stuck at 65˚F.

I mentioned this to a member of the Manse committee who immediately got on the phone and called our furnace guy. Over the background music of our church musician, I explained the situation and he came by and fixed things for us.

A relay of some sort was not working (you can tell I know a lot about these types of things) and a new thermostat was installed.
upgrade
The new, functional, thermostat showed the ambient temperature to be 59˚F, not 65. No wonder we had been walking around the past weeks in triple-layers of clothing, wrapped in comforters. Things are cozy now.

No comments: