Saturday, December 29, 2007

Anticipation and Preparation

For the past 7 years, we've gotten together with Jeffy and Cheryl for New Year's Eve (with the exception of the time they were in New Zealand and we were not). This year is no exception as we prepare to travel to Kingston for a few days, leaving tomorrow.

Clothes were set aside, and we packed books and toys for the car ride. I was at Wal-Mart getting some provisions for the trip (and to return a defective Christmas present) where I saw 5 people connected to the church in Arkona and one from Glencoe. In fact, as I was checking out I saw at a register further ahead, an Arkona couple in line ahead of the Glencoe person, but I was too far away to catch up or say anything. I guess that's the place to be seen on a Saturday afternoon.

Reiko and Kai are very excited about the prospect of seeing their friends, and so are we. The six hours in the car to get there is another matter.

No comments: