Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Faux Spam

A few days ago I checked my Hotmail junk folder which contains all messages from addresses not stored in my address list. Wading through all the emails about mortgages, match-making, anatomical and biological enhancements, and medical bargains I saw a message from "Sarah" titled "will you marry me?" Before I deleted it, I thought "That's a new one..." and didn't think too much more of it.

Today, checking my Gmail account, I saw a message from Ursula that told me our good friend Sarah was getting married and wanted me to conduct the ceremony. She also wrote that Sarah sent an email to my Hotmail account. Oops.

Also in my Gmail inbox was a message from "Sarah" titled "will you marry me?". This time I opened it and found things to be just as Ursula reported.

Pending approval from the Sessions of my churches, I will be marrying Sarah in a month or so.

No comments: