Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Blue Cheese Warning

In November, when Shelley and I crossed the border for some Olive Garden, I ordered an entrée that had some gorgonzola cheese. Our server cautioned me that it had a definite blue cheesy flavour so that I was prepared for it. I knew what I was getting into and thanked her. (She, incidentally, was superb in her knowledge of menu, attentiveness to our needs and promptness; Shelley was so impressed she passed along a word of commendation to the manager).

Back to today, after picking up Little Miss Sunshine, I headed elsewhere to get another DVD related to pastoral care with youth, this one much darker and more disturbing - every parent's nightmare - Thirteen. Paying at the register, I received another Blue Cheese Warning from the cashier:

- "Is this for your daughter?"
- (Hey, maybe I look old enough to have a 13-year old daughter now!)
"No; it's for me."

- "Just so you know ..."
- "Yeah, I know. Thanks."

Caveat emptor. Buyer beware!

No comments: