Saturday, June 09, 2007

Lovely Day for a Picnic

In this time of transition, I'm doing my best to keep my focus and energy on Arkona and Ravenswood churches despite the natural anticipation of a new ministry. I did make an exception this afternoon, as we attended a barbeque (roast beef in a garbage can) with the members of the Search Committee of Glencoe and Appin churches.

Reiko wanted to swimming in the pool and we spent a good chunk of the afternoon sitting on the pool steps happily splashing about and making wet handprints on the deck. Kai was interested in the pool, in theory, but shied away when it came time for aquatic entry. Shelley, despite being tired and weary from her previous night's Relay for Life, enjoyed meeting the people that had met with me about their church vacancy.

The gathering was hosted by a campground owned by the son and daughter-in-law of Arkona church's treasurer. It's a small world, after all.

No comments: