Saturday, July 16, 2005

Hairy Pottery

While in the city of Sarnia today, we stopped to get a new bathing suit for Rei. (We left her previous one in a plastic bag at our friends' trailer site at Our Ponderosa).

As we persued the aisles, and snatching up a copy of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, I overheard someone remark: "Oh look, the hairy pottery book!" Heck, if I saw a hairy pottery book, I wouldn't draw attention to it. Who knows how it would react when cornered?

A consequence of our book purchase today, apart from struggling to find the hours to rapidly flip through its Hogwartian tale, is that we will likely have to upgrade our collection of the previous 5 paperbacks to hardcover at some point.

Shelley gets to read it first. I have a sermon to finish/write. After which, as I wait for my turn at Book 6, I'll reread the siriusly unfulfilling Order of the Phoenix.

No comments: