Saturday, December 17, 2005

At the Maul

While bringing a couple guys into London for a youth worship service, I thought it would be nice to stop at a mall for some shopping beforehand. It was maybe not the smartest thing to do. The Saturday before the Christmas weekend at the biggest mall in London was predictably packed to the gills.

I'm glad I allocated extra time considering all that was required for procuring a parking spot, waiting for assistance in stores, standing in line to pay, and generally maneuvering through the crowd. I did complete most of the rest of my shopping - just a couple little bits left to take care of and the present pressure of the season, imposed by our consumerist culture, will give way to the spiritual pressure of crafting and presenting a meaningful religious remembrance of why we do all this anyway.

No comments: