Sunday, December 18, 2005

It's all coming together

In my sermon this morning, I cited a famous quotation attributed to Goethe about chance and providence stemming from decisiveness. It seems that for whatever reason, I am in such a place where surprises and resources are flowing my way.

Shelley and I began watching Ararat on Wednesday or Thursday night but had to stop about 10 minutes in. Last night, while listening to the news on CBC Radio, a focus piece was presented on Armenia and aftereffects of the Genocide of 1915. We finished watching the movie tonight and found that it centred around that same horrific event.

Considering I also spoke about all the unknown stories of hostage-taking, terror attacks, human rights violations and abuses, during the Prayers of the People, it seems I am on a path supplemented by rushing resources and rising awareness. To what end? That, I'm not sure.

Coincidence? I preached about that as well... If I ever figure this out, I'll let you know.

No comments: