Thursday, September 20, 2007

Restless Night

While the day was rejuvenating and relaxed, the evening and night were not so much. We were at the airport in good time, returned the rental van and our flight out was early. While that meant an earlier touchdown in Calgary, it also meant a longer stint sitting around in the airport waiting for the 12:45 a.m. red eye to London.

I did manage a few fits of sleep here and there, but nothing more than 10 minutes at a time. Sure the satellite TV is a nice feature, but even with all the variety and time-shifting options, there's not a lot of programming in the wee hours.

Arriving in London shortly after 6 a.m. local time and dropping off a fellow United Church Sabbather I was on the road in good time and managed to make it home to see my family before they headed off to work/daycare, an unexpected bonus.

Knowing that when I do crash, it'll incapacitate me for a long time, I headed into the office for a bit of work. I managed a little nap in the afternoon, but ready for the long sleep now - the first in about 40 hours.

No comments: