Sunday, September 18, 2005

Best Laid Plans

Yesterday was a day of cleaning and tidying. The church next door had a work bee where some inside and outside jobs were done in the morning. The afternoon had some household and lawn jobs to do (including taking the laundry to the laundromat because the dryer is on the fritz again).

My plan for the evening, when Shelley went to a barbeque with friends from work, was to do some more tidying up, watch Rabbit-Proof Fence while having some Australian shiraz, and relaxing in general.

Instead I paced the floors with an unsoothed son, sequestering myself in the laundry room so that his wails wouldn't wake his sister. I didn't want to call Shelley and have her come home early, figuring as soon as I did that, he'd settle and she'll arrive to calm and quiet. As the night wore on, I then figured she'd be home soon enough anyway so I might as well tough it out until she got here...

Then I had some Java errors with Blogger, losing my post for the church blog and not even getting around to this one. I didn't even get to read the paper.

No comments: