Monday, June 12, 2006

Crabby Birthday

Today marked my official return to work from parental leave. Kai spent his first birthday at daycare and didn't sleep as much as he needed to, making him a rather cranky celebrant. Although he did perk up for birthday cake.
birthday kai cake

I zipped into the city and picked up two carseats, taking advantage of Sears' Surprise Sale, getting 10% off my purchase. I got the batteries replaced in my watches and did some CD shopping while I waited. Feist's "Let It Die" and Sufjan Steven's "Come on Feel the Illinoise" are now official additions to our musical soundscape.

Rei was very excited about the presents that were to be opened and actively encouraged her brother to see what else he received. She also enjoyed the empty carseat boxes.
rei big box

No comments: