Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Reminiscences

Rei had a great day at daycare today, lately she's been chatting up a storm with her teachers. Today, she regaled her class with stories about our trip to St. John's, the ride on the plane. Tonight, she asked Shelley what her favourite part about the ferry was.

She asked if we could go to a hotel again some time. I asked what we'd do at a hotel and she replied, "We'd sleep in the BEDS!" The novelty of big, jump-able beds with a view of the TV won't easily wear off.

It makes me wonder what her earliest memory is. I can remember walking along the beach at the Pinery and having sand in my shoe; the pictures from that day are in the photo album, but I don't know how old I was. I remember going to Japan when I was 2 (standing out in the hallway at night while my futon/tatami was cleaned and rearranged because I wet the "bed"). Maybe it's a good thing that childhood is a blur sometimes.

No comments: