Sunday, February 06, 2005

Escape from the Convent

Yesterday Shelley came and whisked me away from the convent on a day off.

For the first time in a long time, we saw a first-run movie in a theatre, "Sideways", a quirky romance featuring wine, a bit of golf, jazzy soundtrack and Asian-Canadian Sandra Oh. It dragged on a bit, but was true-to-life, engaging and witty. It would get my vote over "The Aviator" which I have not seen, nor plan to, but already I know it has a little too much Leonardo for my liking.

We ate a lovely Indian meal at Clove Restaurant; the staff was attentive, the music was sublime, the bathrooms were clean and the food was currylicious. The next morning, thanks to a complimentary breakfast buffet, I loaded up on food I couldn't get with the Sisters: bacon and grapefruit.

It was nice to get away, nice to be back, it'll be nice to go home. Nice!

No comments: