Sunday, November 13, 2005

Quahog: the new Springfield

It's pretty much official. The Family Guy has been consistently outperformed The Simpsons with wit, irreverance and relevance; tonight, the Griffins won the chuckle war.

Tonight's "Simpsons" episode with Bart becoming a Momma's boy did not elicit any giggles from me. I noted with disdain the recycled joke of dialing "9-1-" in anticipation of another "1" being needed to summon police, fire and ambulance services.

During "Family Guy", Stewie's stint at college garnered a few snickers. The clincher was the ongoing salute to The A-Team that brought me great mirth and joy.

I have so many great memories of Springfield and its citizens, it will always hold a special place in my heart. However, as life does move on, so must we. And I will look to the eastern land of Rhode Island for contemporary youth/pop culture references for worship ideas and illustrations. Ever thankful for the salvation given me by Jeebus, I go forth into a new world.

No comments: