Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas 2006: Round 6 - The Tally

Driving on snowless roads to Greatgrandmother's house we go ... we were treated to another full turkey dinner for lunch. Despite Kai's cold, he was in good spirit and demeanor; Rei responded very positively to Heavenly Hash ice cream and homemade peanut butter fudge; Shelley was the one who restored the toilet to proper working order; and my contribution to the day's events was taking a nap.
* * *
All in all, 'twas a bookish Christmas. Add to the already received Eleanor Rigby, the also-requested Baseballissimo and a surprise from the kids/Shelley: Miriam Toews's summer of my amazing luck.

The philosophical What the Bleep!? Down the Rabbit Hole DVD from my brother was an apt and unexpected (and much appreciated) selection.

With the Christmas gift money received, the only bargain shopping I did today was at iTunes' Boxing Day Sale, picking up The Hidden Cameras "Awoo" and Nelly Furtado's "Folklore" for cheap. I have my sights on Little Miss Sunshine, no surprise, or maybe a Nintendo Gamecube now that the Wii is pushing the price down.

Many thanks for the gifts, I have many more outlets for waste-o under the guise of cultural enrichment.

No comments: