Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Be it Resolved

So much for my good intention to be a more diligent blogger - like in the good old days when it was fresh, exciting and new. (A similar phenomenon manifested itself in my sermon preparation: there used to be a solid stretch of time when it was fully written and scripted by Friday night. Shelley misses those days).

I've also resolved to drink more tap water and finish books that I've started. This takes aim at a large number of churchy and theological books in my office but it also means Salman Rushdie and The Satanic Verses, Ann-Marie MacDonald and As the Crow Flies and, ugh, James Joyce and Ulysses are on my radar.

By rights, I should also include The Bible. I'm sure over the course of my training and career, I've read it in a patchwork fashion. We'll see how cover-to-cover goes. Leviticus might be as much fun as Ulysses.

No comments: