Sunday, June 11, 2006

Re-entry

The transition back to work began today with my participation in worship, assisting with Communion, offering prayer and a closing guided meditation. Thankfully, Marjorie, the interim supply minister, had organized everything and made necessary arrangements. It's been a comfort to know the congregations were in good hands as I spent quality time with the kids.

The afternoon was the Decoration Day service at Arkona Cemetery and my first real preaching engagement in 4 months. I was a little distracted by the fact that my watch battery had died and I was bare-wristed (I'm sure Myers-Briggs or any other personality type quiz would make something of that). I don't think I blabbed too long, but it did seem I did an awful lot of talking ...

I spent the evening meeting with a couple about their upcoming wedding and writing liturgy for that, and a funeral this Tuesday. I didn't think I'd have to make up for the last few months all in one day!

No comments: