Monday, August 21, 2006

Prison Broken

I've always enjoyed the heist movie or the escape story, watching how meticulous plans and preparations fall into place. Maybe it was the influence of Hannibal Smith in my impressionable years: "I love it when a plan comes together". And so Prison Break was one of my must-sees last year.

Although the season finale didn't do it for me. After T-Bag's hand went the way of Chase Edmunds' (24: Day 3), my zeal for the series abated somewhat, and I question how this series could credibly go beyond this year.

Yet I'm very pleased and excited to see Scofield and Sucre return to the small screen for another run and hope not to be disappointed ... noting that Abruzzi is only credited with a guest appearance, my favourite born-again, lapsed-again mob boss, may not share my enthusiasm.

No comments: