Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Joys of Church Governance

"What did you do on your weekend?"

Oh, I was at a specially-convened meeting of Lambton Presbytery Executive to receive feedback on recommendations made by a reviewer conducting an "investigation" into the health of a particular congregation. There's nothing like spending a couple hours listening to two sides of a story share their thoughts on who's to blame and what needs to be forgiven.

And then sequestering ourselves in a room to deliberate what actions we would take on those recommendations and how they would be implemented. Needless to say, I had a bit of a headache when it was all said and done.

I had looked forward to a carbo-laden supper out on the town as a personal reward for my patience and wisdom, but a call home suggested the weather was poor and getting home sooner would be best. So I had a ham sandwich for supper. Just like lunch. Oy vey!

No comments: