Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Passported

Shelley and I decided today was Passport Day. I was on the road at 6:30 a.m., arriving just as the doors of the London Office opened at 7:30 (the office itself opened at 8:45). Upon the recommendation of others, we had completed the application online and I was relegated to the "F" waiting pool. I received a number and patiently waited.

Shortly after 9:00, feeling somewhat hopeful at kiosk 7 (Rei's favourite basketball player, Andrea Bargnani), I was suddenly nervous – like finding the exam paper before me was not what I studied. Not that it's the end of the world should there be problems, but with so much time and running around for photos and guarantor signatures and the like, it would nice to have things done and away.

Turns out one of the signatures was touching the forbidden border of the signing space, just barely. So I had some further running around to do. By the time things were corrected, I was back at 11:30. Group A (who had not completed their applications on-line) had 13 applications processed; Group F was now serving 43.

So the lesson is that it's worth the bandwidth to apply on-line for your passport. When it comes to passport signatures, colour inside the lines. But don't ask me where to park at the London passport office.

No comments: