Friday, March 30, 2007

Wardrobe Mis-Function

Eager to see and hear The Rheostatics again (this will make at least 6 concerts of theirs I've attended), but saddened at the prospect of their disbanding, I wanted to pay proper tribute to the occasion. What to wear?

My first thought was to find a Wendel Clark Toronto Maple Leafs jersey (an obvious homage to "The Ballad of Wendel Clark, Parts I and II") but not owning one and not wanting to pay for something I'd only wear once, I had to think of something else.

I'm not sure what a holey Mackinaw (Joe) looks like (a tribute to their song "Horses") so I settled for my Accordian Revolution T-shirt and a hooded parka-like coat to approximate the early logo of their Green Sprouts Fan Club.

After a Thai-rrific supper at Salad King with Moxy and Jeffy, we checked into our hotel (using a special room promotion arranged by the Fan Club or record label), we trooped off to Massey Hall. Crowded around the merchandise table, I managed to purchase the last Large-size T-shirts for Jeffy and myself.

More on the show later.

No comments: