Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Storms a-comin'

Chris Scott of the Weather Network, and alumnus of Mitchell District High School, watches as a "Mississippi Queen" with a lot of "juice" looms on the horizon. The promise of 10-15 cm of snow overnight with another 10-15 cm tomorrow has me thinking "Snow Day III" will be here sooner rather than later. Perhaps that would be the occasion to explore and develop my theology of snow shovelling.

In other storms, Rei's eye teeth are on the way leaving a cranky little toddler in their wake. Although even at her crankiest, she is still so lovable and endearing ... and I'm not just saying that because I begat her.

The storm of activity around Christmas Eve will be hitting its fever pitch soon. As much as it is wonderful to do all these things for the church, I'll be glad when it's over. And yet, I hope that the coming flurry of involvement will carry over into the weeks and months after. I won't hold my breath on that one.

Hunkered down and waiting for the snow, I quote Ross Porter: "Be cool; stay warm."

No comments: