Thursday, March 03, 2005

A Flurrious Morning

What a difference a day makes.

Yesterday as I was shovelling out the driveway, it was quiet. Too quiet. Usually, the S_ brothers are shovelling next door at the Medical Centre, neighbours across the street are cleaning off the car, and the snowplow is rumbling around somewhere nearby. Not so yesterday; it was eerie, like I was the only one left on earth. Granted, the school buses were cancelled, leaving a subdued sense of snow-clearing urgency. Nonetheless, I was a little creeped out.

This morning, things were back to normal. The S_ brothers were hard at work, neighbours were out, and the plow nicely filled in the end of the driveway I had just cleared (it was early! usually that happens after I'm back in the house). All is right with the world again ... although I did miss that moment when I had it all to myself.

No comments: