Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Getting Back to It

After a couple of days of feeling rather blaaaah-g, the fever, headaches, chills, nausea, etc. have abated enough to some work accomplished.

Times like this give me great admiration and appreciation for single parents who have to manage a household, kids and life in general through times of bad health and gastro-intestinal woe. I'm thankful for Shelley, for our daycare and for my life of privilege.

I've also realized how reliant I am on the digital cyberworld after being effectively offline for a couple days. Somewhat like friends who've returned from a week's holiday in Fiji, there are many sites, stories and news to catch up on. It's a little scary that this electronically-constructed reality is so consuming that it's easy to forget about an immense sphere of nature, weather and wonder.

Well, here's hoping nature is nice for us for our outdoor Easter Sunrise service.

No comments: