Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Cinderella Man

Our Boys' Day excursion took us downtown and beyond. Kai was in the stroller, clutching a rattle, and chewing on the end of the seat belt. At the corner of of the street, I noticed that the rattle was missing. I hadn't heard it drop so (hoping that wasn't in the middle of road) we continued on, figuring to pick it up on the way back.

We got the mail, got some groceries and a movie ("Jarhead") and headed home for lunch. We picked up the missing rattle in the parking lot next door. Inside the house, I noticed that Kai only had one shoe on. He smiled cheerily at me as he sucked on his sock.

We dined quickly and I loaded him up in the stroller again to retrace our steps. Luckily, we didn't have to go very far; three houses down we found the missing shoe. No Prince Charming, no fairy godmother, but a happy ending nonetheless.

No comments: