Monday, May 28, 2007

Gone, Will Proclaim the Word

The 83rd Annual Meeting of London Conference of The United Church of Canada concluded with a second helping of ordaining/commissioning/designating worship. The business was uneventful with little controversy or debate, the theme "Go then Proclaim the Word" sparked an internal juvenile response of: "Fine then, I'm gone!"

This was my first conference in a few years where I didn't have other duties to tend to, such as working with the Youth at Conference or being ordained myself. Various people, seeing that I was at loose ends, approached me about taking on a variety of jobs or positions. I declined.

I enjoyed the lighter load of responsibility and the opportunity to partake in after-hours revelry and companionship. I found some new buddies, participated in the local nightlife and learned what "Manpower", Ridgetown-style, is like.

No comments: