Sunday, May 06, 2007

Yankee Withdrawal

After a week of Study Leave, days scheduled from 8:45 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., I wasn't going to be ready to produce a worship service for Sunday. My practice has been to include the Sunday after as part of the Study Leave.

Our initial plan was to go to church in Sarnia and see one of my minister friends. Instead, we decided we'd cross the border for some kids' summer clothes shopping at Target. Perhaps this was compensating for all the money that I didn't spend at the Princeton bookstore, or I didn't get enough of America in the week previous.

Another Sarnia minister friend of mine assures me that I'm going to hell, not for skipping church (surely the 2 worships per day while at Princeton have to count for something), but for cross border shopping. In that, I guess I'm guilty as charged.

Although, we did pick out a cute monkey motif for Kai's bedroom in the new house. My soul is a bunch of bananas.

No comments: