Friday, July 06, 2007

Spree

As we begin to mentally fill the cavernous expanse of the new homestead, we'll be undertaking a series of spending sprees. This morning's haul netted us the major appliances: fridge, stove, washer and dryer. Add in a twin mattress and box spring for Kai and a queen-size set for Shelley and me, and that should be it for big invoices (not counting a lawn mower).

On the way home, Shelley wondered if I might go golfing and I readily agreed to her suggestion, not knowing when the next opportunity might present itself. My round was unspectacular for the most part, but on the troublesome hole #4, I hit the best drive of my life, a 232-yard shot down the middle of the fairway. The rest of the game was rather forgettable with the exception of my nemesis, hole #9 which I finished with a 39-foot putt that made me wish there were others around to see it.

No comments: