Thursday, September 27, 2007

Commute

With Shelley away at a conference earlier this week, taking a sick day because of flu-like symptoms and a Thursday evening workshop, I've made the commute from work to home via the kids' daycare far too often this week.

It's a tidy 90-minute circuit with plenty of nostalgic points of reference along the way (I guess feeling more at home in Forest than Glencoe is still only natural ... 7 years versus 6 weeks) but it sure puts a cramp in one's work routine. Factor in Rei's school days and the bus schedule, it's a minor miracle that I was in the right place at the right time with the right kid.

At least with all the road time, my new music acquisitions got a lot of air play. And as I was singing along with John K. Samson to "Tournament of Hearts", Rei remarked that I sounded just like the song that was playing. High praise, indeed!

No comments: