Monday, September 17, 2007

Running

It’s apparent that I’ve managed to get the wireless internet connection running on the laptop here. I went for a run this morning, and I wasn’t too far along before I came across a guy pushing his stalled pick-up truck to the side of the road. I offered a hand and got him off the road (not that, at 6:45, there was a lot of traffic), my good deed for the day already done.

The balance of the morning has been introductions of the discernment team, and a good chunk of time was spent on developing relationship and rapport. Seeing as this is a year-long project with these folks, it was nice to take our time in sharing our stories about ourselves and youth ministry/misery.

Fittingly, the afternoon has started with some Sabbath time before we launch into further work and perhaps I’ll call the golf course about 9 holes tomorrow. Or Wednesday, my flight doesn’t leave until the late evening. I might take advantage of this time for a bit of a nap.

No comments: