Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Fiddle Faddle

One of the churches was hosting a Old Time Country Fiddle concert tonight. I was asked to help introduce Scott Woods and his band, and be introduced in the process. After the obligatory, "yes, I'm old enough to be a minister" joke, Shelley and I settled in to an evening of favourite family-oriented music.

It was a fine, folky fiddle fest, the jokes were corny and church-related, and 600 people attended the event. There was a couple from Arkona there, as well as someone from Lambton Presbytery. I guess the circle of fiddle aficionados is pretty well-connected around here.

All in all, it was a pleasant evening and the first date that Shelley and I have had in a while. Maybe next time Scott Woods will break out some "Devil in the Kitchen", MacIsaac-style.

No comments: