Sunday, June 08, 2008

Overdue Update

I imagine most bloggers succumb to the novelty of the experience wearing off and the updating of a blog slides down the priority list. It's taken 3½ years but that's where I am in the balance of work-life-family.

It's been a couple weeks at least since the last post. What's been going on with us?

Shelley's been busy with work, having a couple of high-scale presentations to make and tending to the greenery and landscaping. She got reacquainted with "Sex & the City" watching re-runs in preparation for seeing the movie with her sister.

Reiko's soccer skills are coming along very well. She brought the ball upfield on a few occasions and for a fleeting moment, we thought she might score a goal. We didn't expect to see this kind of progress so soon in the season!

Kai has got his summer haircut and has been looking forward to his third birthday. We had a family birthday party for him this past weekend. Although, we say he's been acting 3 for quite some time now. (I much rather prefer the "Terrible Twos" to this disagreeable stage of pushing boundaries and testing limits).

I've spent my time with church meetings and funerals. I did win Closest to the Pin at London Conference's golf tournament. During the meeting itself, I was approached about chaplaining a couple of national events, this while fending off nominations for President Elect.

As for the NBA Finals, I think I'd be cheering for Boston if it wasn't for the Red Sox and Patriots' recent string of successes. As it stands, I'm decidedly undecided. Right now, I'm more interested in the upcoming NBA draft - such is life as a Raptor fan. To rub it in, Kai keeps asking me if José is playing. I have to tell him, "No, his team didn't win so they're done playing games now." So he will randomly repeat, "José is not playing. His team didn't win."

So that's basically us, up-to-date for now. I could say that I'll try to be more diligent with my postings, but we'll see how long that lasts.

No comments: