Thursday, April 13, 2006

Tip Off

Tonight I got back into the basketball groove, playing in a pick-up game in Grand Bend, administered by the Youth Centre there. For $2 per person per night, it was worth the drive for me to get out and shoot some hoop.

It's been a long time since I've played against people; naturally there was a bit of rusty play on my part, but all in all, I felt good about my game. Mind you, there was only 6 of us, so it was just halfcourt 3-on-3. Although we tired quickly too. I managed a few slashing drives to the basket, a few 3-pointers, and even some low-post play. Most importantly, I finished relatively injury-free: a minor cut on my pinkie and I bit my tongue.

Who won? Well, we all did! (Although I suspect that had we kept score, ours would have been lower).

No comments: