Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Wi-find

It seems that another household in the neighbourhood is wirelessly high-speeding along the information superhighway.

My practice has been to turn off our router at night, lessening the unlikely chance of someone else using our signal for their own surfing needs. Plus, one less device emitting invisible rays throughout the house is, in my mind, a good thing. Whether it makes a difference, given all the radio, satellite and wireless signals, is another point.

Sometimes I forget to turn the route back on in the morning, remembering only when the internet browser or email fails to connect. This morning, my download of iTunes' Free Single of the Week was exceptionally quick and then I remembered that our router was still unplugged. Checking the iBook's settings I found a "linksys" network that is nearby, judging by the strength of signal.

Arkona is on-line, with a vengeance.

No comments: