Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Learning Partners

After dropping Rei off at daycare and my pants at the drycleaners for hemming, I proceeded to Goderich for some meetings with learning partners.

I enjoyed some coffee and conversation with my current learning partner as we recalled our course time in Kingston at the Shaw Transformational Leadership program and discussed latest developments in our understanding of TV shows like House and 24 as well as personal authenticity/transparency and adaptive change in organizational settings.

Then I met up with my ex for lunch, with whom I remain on very good terms. If anyone is doing a double-take at this news, don't be surprised. A learning partnership is something that one cannot cast easily aside and my ex-learning partner from my time at The Centre for Christian Studies will always be very dear to me.

Ours was a relationship built on appreciation of silence, distilled and fermented beverages, and giggles. We indulged in all of these. Although, as well as you think you know someone, there are always surprises. For instance, the fact that we both have a list of top cheerleader movies. Mind you it is a short list even when combined, for what it's worth: Bring It On; Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Sugar & Spice.

No comments: