Monday, October 08, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007, III

I'm thankful that, for the first time in a week, I don't have church work to do. Which left time for work around the house to happen. A couple apple pies and an apple crisp were made by Shelley and her mom, with help from Rei and Kai.

After a barbeque lunch of burgers and dogs, we had Shelley's dad climb ladders and scamper around our roof patching shingles and caulking troughs while I stayed on the ground and supervised. I don't do well with heights; it was enough of an ordeal for me to repair a couple of kinks in the valley flashing last month, that I was happy to have someone else do the work for the cost of a beer or two.

Then it was mowing the lawn and trimming with the WeedEater. Then it was helping put the snow tires on Shauna's car which involved some "help" from Kai and an unsuccessful attempt to borrow a socket from a neighbour.

Supper was roast beef and the previously-mentioned apple pie. We're thankful for family, food and shelter. I'm also thankful that Prison Break is interesting and engaging after a dullard of a season last year.

No comments: