Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Flashing Lights

Today was Boys' Day and I took Kai to London with me for a couple errands and some church-related visiting. On the way home, an approaching car flashed its headlights repeatedly, signalling there was a speed trap ahead. Sure enough, but not quite as I expected, I heard a siren.

I pulled over to the side of the road, but didn't see anyone around. I saw an unmarked white car approaching in the distance, but it didn't look like a cruiser. I soon figured out the siren was part of the music I was listening to, a recent CBC Radio 3 podcast. I thought Cheryl would appreciate this aural phenomenon, given the esoteric and eclectic collection that has amassed at her household.


Continuing home, there was an OPP cruiser waiting in the bushes a few hundred metres down the road. I returned the favour, flashing my lights at oncoming traffic.

No comments: