Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Into the West

The circle of life that is CCS has convened once more, beckoning me to the fair city of Winnipeg. This last round of course will be the last time I embark on a plane without my girls. It's seems tougher being away for 3 weeks this time: when Rei is so much more active and aware, when Shelley is 7 weeks away from the expected baby arrival date.

The flight was uneventful; despite a First Officer with the surname "Mulder", there were no sightings of otherworldly activity. I usually travel well on planes, but felt somewhat queasy (after the smooth landing) during the taxi to the terminal. Without embarrassment, I got myself to Lions Manor with Amazing Race efficiency.

Lions Manor is a seniors' apartment complex, paired with the University of Winnipeg Residences, that offers private rooms with ensuite bathrooms, kitchen space, and a convenient downtown location. I knew I was in the right place as I walked in the door, I overheard the program on the oversized TV mention "hemorrhoids" and "constipation". This is home for the next little while.

No comments: