Friday, May 13, 2005

Random Acts of Tim Horton's

It's a small world after all.

I stopped at Tim Horton's for some lunch en route to Woodsworth House for a school-related interview. I thought I recognized someone who I knew from church back in Ontario. "No way it could be her," I decided. Turns out I was wrong. She approached me with a disbelieving, "Kenji?!" The adjective most used by us to describe this chance meeting was "random". She was on a cross-Canada trek, spending a couple days in Winnipeg before venturing home, just having lunch in Tim's on Maryland.

I was so distracted by this serendipity that I dropped my donut on the floor (Boston Creme) and spilled coffee all over my sleeve. Could also have been Friday the 13th's bad luck. Speaking of 13, MVP Steve Nash is playing ...

No comments: