Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Priorities

Time management is not a strength of mine. It takes so much effort and energy to come up with a workable schedule for the week, I have a hard time letting go of it to make adjustments. Now, in the middle of London Conference weekend (with its Mission & Service Fund golf tournament, Youth at Conference program, and diaconal ministry presentation), I have a funeral.

I do not begrudge this person for dying at such an incovenient time - although there is a whole other story about my time at the hospital - but am a bit embarrassed at the obstinate obstructions I was coming up with about how I was going to fit that into my timeline. I mean really, what am I here for if not to tend to the needs of the people in the church? Is it that heavy a burden to bear?

It isn't always about me. Just most of the time.

No comments: