Thursday, May 12, 2005

Puppet Psychology

This morning as I offered a puppet enactment of a non-existent conflict about a wolf that wanted to talk to a sheep about dinner. The sheep ran away, withdrawing from the situation from fear of being eaten, assuming that was the wolf's intent. Sadly, all the wolf wanted was company for dinner at Swiss Chalet.

My learning partner, Michelle, has awakened me to the degree that I internalize conflict. I was in a similar situation a couple months ago when one group of people wanted to discuss something with another group of people. This second group became rather defensive, withdrawing from positive interaction and communication. All the first group wanted to do was imagine ways they might help the second group.

Who would have known that was buried in my subconscious? Puppets did, apparently. They also unleash the extrovert in me.

No comments: